Monday, June 15, 2015

Blog Mini Watercolor journal #90days blogging # day 10

Why I have been MIA, on the 90 day blog.. The Month of June has been very busy for me It is my Birthday Month and Mom has had a lot of doctor appointments and at the age of 91, she needs me to take her and talk to doctors.
I have been working in the studio and will be blogging some of the projects I have done. So keep coming back for more great art.

This is a Little Watercolor Journal, I did for Helmar Glue and the complete instructions are here on this blog. 

Tutorial:
Step 1. I used chipboard for 
and with the Helmar Decopauge Paste I added the scrapbook paper on the inside and outside of the back cover and the inside of the front cover.
 Step2. I picked out my Creative Embellishments in a collection of gears and butterfly, they are chip board and they were gesso and then I used Deco Art Mixed media acrylic and I made a spray by diluting the paint and putting in a mister bottle. I then sprayed the chipboard embellishments.
 Step 3. the front cover was made with a new stencil from decoar and the mixed media crackled paste when that was dryed, I used a stamp from my stash collection. Then I painted the crackle with the mixed media fluid acrylic and wiped with a baby wipe. and the center was painted with the mixed media fluid acrylic and wiped down with a baby wipe.  When dried it was covered with the decoupage paste from Helmar.  This gave it a look of cracked leather. Holes were then drilled thru the heavy chipboard front and back and was ready to assemble.


 Step 4, I cut watecolor paper the size to fit into the journal and punched holes to match the cover. and used a piece of yarn and weaved through the holes.
 Step 5 and final step: adding the embellishments on the front of the cover and I used the Butterfly and gears.
What a great little 4x6" travel journal with watercolor paper or paper of your choice. Enjoy your little journal as you travel outside to paint.

Happy crafting
Sharon Estes

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birhdayagain my friend! Love this album and those gears and butterfly are awesome prize!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the watercolor journal, have you used it, would love to see the progress inside the journal too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to start using it this week I hope. Thanks for your great comment.

      Delete