Thursday, February 5, 2015

Blog: Just Contemplating

Grannys Korner is busy again with some interesting work going on in the studio.
Febuary is a month of Birthdays and Valentines and a lot of swaps.  I have been making cards for the great grand kids birthdays. Swap tag/Atc for valentines day for Mixing it up everyday I am the Hostess this month,   Painting Creations we are doing ATC cards of a victorian Valentine swap.

I have been chosen by ClearPrint Vellum to do a project in their traveling Journal that will be a new experience. The project will be posted on their facebook page.  So I am waiting for that to arrive.

My Mixed Media paint came for my Canvas Blogs for using the products for DecoArt. Really getting excited to start that I will be using the Stampendous Stamps I won, I received a gift card and I am using the new Andy Skinner Steampunk stamps. 




What has just came off the Work Table this Week.

I was working on a new mixed media canvas and it is called  

JUST CONTEMPLATING:


Step 1.   I Gessoed the canvas and then I decoupaged a old torn page from a old German dictionary, and used a piece of Charcoal to draw in the face outline.
 Step 2: I used a  paper mask to cover the area I did not want my background colors to get onto it. I then used orange, turquoise, and yellow on the back ground with American acrylic paints and brushed on and used a baby wipe to put the first layer of paint on. Dried.
Step 3: I used my lindys sprays and the splatter to do the background for texture there is a gold sparkle in the spray and it does not show up on the picture but has a bring sparkle in the sunlight.
Stage 4: I then added the features of the face and based coated them in that is the picture below.




Step5:  I used flesh acrylic paint and turquoise for the eyes and red for the lips and warm white for the highlight and lamp black for the hair.


Step 6: the finishing of the  canvas, I deepen the face with a charcoal stick and did some more coloring and finishing the edges of the sides of canvas. This was the first face I have done on my own drawing and painting.  


The journey awakens the soul.
Just contemplating on my next journey.

Happy Creating.....
Sharon Estes

5 comments:

  1. Sharon, I love her. She is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Love the layers and the conformation from her beginning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, your canvas turned out fantastic! Thanks for explaining what you did! I so want to try a face, guess I better get the chaos in the studio & my office cleaned up so I'll have room to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon I love your canvas!! Enjoyed seeing the process of this face in creation.. the charcoal pencil is a great add dimension and shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the canvas but I am enthralled with your words "The journey awakens the soul. Just contemplating on my next journey." I think that might have to be the next quote I use in my art. :)

    ReplyDelete