Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Blog: Decoart Chalky Paint Bird House

Thanks to DecoArt for furnishing the new line of the Chalky Paint.and the new crackle medium you use with this paint.  I am doing a blog for them on how I used it as my blog project. I found a rough old bird house in my studio and this was shouting to me paint me paint me.  I like the new paint line it really did a great coverage on the rough pine wood that I didn't even sand or seal.

Picture of the unfinished bird house.
This the chalky brown paint on the bird house and the crackle medium on the three roofs.
Painted with the blue, yellow , and peach over the crackle and made great cracks. The bottom is a rock look painted with Americana acrylic in Light French Blue.
 This is the finished Bird House, it was distress with stencils and Ranger Distress inks pads. Then a final coat of American Chalky Wax.  
Theses are the products i used on the project.  I hope my birds will enjoy their lovely new homes.

4 comments:

  1. The crackle roofs look fabulous Sharon.. Your bird house is lovely the birds will be fighting to move in there.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, love the colors you used together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know why my comments seem to disappear.. this is my third one.. fabulously done Sharon

    ReplyDelete