Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Blog: Tuesday in the Studio

To day is Tuesday, March 11, 2014, It started as a real bad day I had no mojo and it was really heard to go to the basement studio, but with the encourgment of a great artist friend I just went down and set down and let it roll. Well I am surprised at what all rolled out in the 4 hours I was setting their, It just came together as I made my list and started with my first project and then another project and I finished 2 cards and started on my third one.  Some times I just have to let it go and fly by the seat of my pants and do it. What happens, happens as they say, good or bad.  I feel these are not my best but they are okay. I like them and that is who I have please...  

Work in my Mixed Journal 

These are items I used to make some of my own stamps out of a Moldable Foam blocks. I used Nuts, bolts, nails, screws and a embossing folder and a wood gainer tool. This was from a video by Sunday with Sandee, Frosted Designs, I was just playing with the blocks that I had purchased from Frosted Designs. You can go to Sunday with Sandee on you tube and see her tutorial for doing this process.
 Now on to the finished project cards and pictures I have been working on for a while, a dear friend of mine loves Betty Boop and is decorating her bedroom in this style so I did a colored pencil of Betty Boop and her brithday card  was hand made, with Lindys sprays, and a cuttlebug embossing cardstock and I found a image of Betty Boop in black and white and I am going to add some color to her skin. The background is a pink stamp that I distressed it  and added sine purple hearts and on the back I sprayed with some pastel sprays and we can add another picture if she wants and frame the card. Inside the card the verse is from the internet and was in file of quotes I do not who to give credit to..  But here it is.
Its all about me Deal with it. !!! 
The pictures of the card and the Picture are below.
This is the colored pencil picture I did of Betty Boop.  It is unframed.

Happy Birthday Paula.

There is one more project that I finished in the Tuesday Studio it  is my wordcard52 for this week in the art aMUSment Group I belong to.
The word was Vintage....
When I looked up the word it was a noun, for something that old and original from start. and the word Wine was used to explain it.  I am a lover of a good wine so this just hit me right, and I went on the Graphic Fairy, and printed a background of Grapes and vintage words, and a Vintage label, and I looked though my napkins and found a wine bottle and glass and added it to some more of the vintage paper I used on my card, and a tag with a lacy heart stamp I used white Dylusions  spray and sprayed on the stamp and made a lacy  The whole card was then decoupaged with Decoart and gave a glossy look. 

This is the end of the day in the studio, well satisfied with my out come.
Happy Creating.
Sharon D, Estes

5 comments:

  1. wow, I can't get over how much you got done and what fabulous projects you made! That moldable stamp is addicting, isn't it? It's fun to see what you can make with it! So glad your day ended up better than it begun! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some of the stamping done the week before but the card I did yesterday the colored pencil picture took about a month to finish, and the word card was yesterday, Yes I do feel better and have more card to complete. thanks for the Blog love. Hello from Bloomsdale.

      Delete
  2. Love what you made with the moldable stamp!! You sure have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean, I love the stamps, I have been working on the Betty Boop for colored pencils for about a month, I did the card yesterday and was in a no mojo mood buy thanks to Sandee she got me going. I have a more cards to make this month for birthdays. Thanks for the blog love.

      Delete
  3. Waaayyyy cool!! Great page. Love the layers!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete