Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Blog: Tuesday in the Studio

It has been a busy time in Grannys Korner Stuido this week, I have a lot to catch up on it is the coming up on the end of the month and a lot of work needs to be finished.  I have joined a new group and they are having a ATC Card Swap for March his will be my first time at this and this is on my work table for Thursday, and today I finished the Spring card challenge. I was a drawing of a bird and we used it to make a card for spring and this is my card I submitted today to the Painting Creations Group. I used a scrapbook pager 6x6 and added Washi tape and painted the bird to look like a chicken and flowers I used Decoart Acrylics and then finally used my homemade sprays for the final texture.  Here is the picture:

Spring 

, The work project I did for my Journal  was really exciting I received a lot of new products from Frosted Designs, and I got my very first real Dylusions Jouranl Book, How excited I was I have been using mixed media papers and did not have a real journal to use and I had them scatter and hung everywhere not organized at all, this will be so great to work in when I am in the mood to do my journal work
I also received a lot of the Lindys Gang Sprays, and Dylusions Stencils, and the mini misters. I have been making my sprays and  doing my first journal page in the book, I watch a great You Tube  designer from Frosted Designs, She does a Sundy With Sandee, Video  each week and we can then use her technique and  our own style and inspriation of her work and add it to the Frosted Design Page.  It is really fun to work with Sandee Setiff  and Barbara Craft, visit their page and check it out.https://www.facebook.com/groups/134989116525706/

This is my take on the page Sandee Setiff did in her Video, published Sunday Feburary 22, 2014,
Some times you just have to shop. 


How this page came together : Step 1
 
It stared with a blank journal page in my Dylusions Journal book and I used a lot of my stamp pads and a homemade stamp pad from the Molded Foam for stamps. 
Step2:

I did a black painted silhouette with a dylusions stencil and used the new alphabet stencil to do step 3 and finish the page. Above is finished page.
 Thes are some of  the items I used in this project : Dylusions Creative Journal, Dylusions Stencils, a butterfly stamp and a hat stamp. Pens and Stamp Pads.

Happy Journaling and creating today.
Sharon Estes

4 comments:

  1. Love seeing what you come up with in your studio Mrs Estes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Estes rocks!! lol Oh I think Kaitlyn has started something here, lol Your journal page is fabulous, just like you, and boy are you right, sometimes you have to shop!!

    ReplyDelete