Thursday, February 13, 2014

Blog: Thursday in Grannys Korner Studio

It is Thursday, Feb.13,2014, and I am playing in the studio by myself today, Kaitlyn Emory, my painting partner is ill and unable to be here today.  I just had a great time trying a lot of new things and working on some of my group projects.  I even got some laundry done today while I was playing, who says a woman can't multitask.. Just give us the test we will pass with flying colors.

This blog will be filled with a lot of different photos of work I have been working on and just finished up to get ready to blog.


Do not forget to enter my contest to add a quote to the Watercolor Abstract, and win a hand made card by me. Just leave a message in the comment on the blog before this one and the winner will be announced on March 1, 2014

Projects Post:

This was my 52 Word Card for the group art aMUSEment group
The word was Embrodery
I did it on a watercolor postst card and used my watercolor pencils and watercolor crayons to do the background and the flowers, and when dried I took my pitt pens and doodled around the flowers and the card to give the look of stiches and embrodery.
Happy Valentines day Card
My new adventure into card making, I used scrapook paper with the heart design and white cardstock card and then backed the paper with a deep burgandy cardstock and a paper dollie behind the paper and add the scrapcuts to make it look like a ribbon since I didnt have any ribbon that would work, and added a paper flower from Prima flowers and some shinny bling stones from my stash.
This card will be the only Valentine Card I will make  and it was for a surprise card blast to a great friend and artist.

My Sultry Lady
I have been wanting to try faces and I have this Betty Davis Eyes Stamp and I stared with that I stamped it on a white journal page and then I took my colored pencils and started filling in her face to look like a person, the hair was done with my pitt pens and some colored pencil work. I am proud of her for my first attempt at a project for fun.

My 52 Word Card for this Week
PRETENT
I used the word as a verb and chose to express as a VIEW .
I posted it today on the group.  The background is Geletos and sprays of bright colors and the Birds are a Steampunk Bird and they are colored in bright colors from colored pencils.  I did not do a lot of pretenting when I was younger maybe with my dolls or paper dolls, but I did a lot of day dreaming about the birds love the freedom of flight and the beautiful colors, would love to here the cherping and singing of my Grandmothers Canarys and the beautiful Parokeet I had as a child. It was beautiful.
I found this great quote from Winston Churchill, about Pretent.
It reads like this "I cannot Pretend to be impartial about colors, I rejoice with the brillant ones, Iam genuinely sorry for the poor brown ones."
I spent many hours with my crayons and paint by number sets and making pretty colors that was my pretending to be a artist some day.

My Journal page today with a pipette and inks.
I was watching Sunday with Sandee Video for Frosted Designs , and she shows us a new technique each week and hope we will try it.  I jumped in with this one and got all my supplies, my Lindy s sprays 3 colors, yellow and blue were homemade sprays, and my brown Pitt pen and white Gelly Roll pen. and what is a pipette, that is hard to explain, it is a eyedropper, Sandee has a special pipette on her Frosted Design page for sale, I used a dropper from a medicine bottle and a baby medicine dropper. I found the smaller dropper worked better with my inks, I put my ink on a foam plate and used the dropper to suck up the paint and then squeeze the bulb and drag the ink. Very interesting and challenging project I will try it again I am sure but will use more ink colors.

There was a lot more playing in the studio but that will have to wait for a later blog day.
Come back soon and see how to make your own stamps, this is really fun.
Happy Valentines to all my friends and family, I will be spending the day with my Hubby and enjoying a great dinner or lunch and Wine and Love.
Sharon Estes.

No comments:

Post a Comment