While looking at the list of what I wanted to do and what I needed to do I had made some promises to Sandee at Frosted Designs that I was going to use her stamps I had no idea what I was going to do so I thought abut the Journal52 group,and I was looking for somrething to make my Journal out of and in a stack of College books on design, when I was in this awful class (another whole blog) I found a Journal of my drawings and some good ideas and some bad ideas. I started to flip through the pages and this project that was unfurnished and looked broken to me which is really my way of looking at Abstract This vase that I sketched was to be made into a Abstract art design and I did break it into pieces. All of a sudden I though this is what Mixed Media really is to some people and I new it had to be fixed.So Off to find the Deep Red Cling Stamps, and some pens and watercolor crayons, I have never used, I went to work and this is what I did with my Unfinished project. I named it Broken Promises, I am not sure why but it felt right.
I am going to share some pictures and instructions on what I did to achieve a finished piece, from 10yrs ago.
Step one of Broken Promises.
This top picture is the original drawing and my attempt at making some abstract (Broken) I do not like to break up things I have always been a realistist painter and this was a great challenge to me. It made me very sad to do this We uses watered down acrylics and painted inside the drawn lines.
|This is Step 2. I had to fix it I was really unhappy with the sloppy workmanship so I found my new box of water color crayons (by Sargent art box of 12) and my favorite brush and went to work . Loved the Crayons.|
This is my finished Project I am very proud to no
longer have BROKEN PROMISES AND TEARS.