Thursday, January 23, 2014

Blog: Thursday In The Studio, Journal52, 52WordCard,

This is the project for my group Journel52 week 2
The prompt was Simple time, Simpleplace 
My simple time and place is in the moment.  I did this in a paper collage using magazine pages and  cut outs.

Journel52 
Week 3
Prompt What makes you Smile:
This is not a journal page it is a canvas board that I wanted to experment on with some new product and I have been watching Sandee Setiff on her Sunday Videos with Frosted Designs and this is what all this tutorial is about what I have used on this canvas.  This is the first application, Gelatos were rubbed allover the background yellow orange and tourquois, and wiped with a baby wipe to smooth out and then I made a lot of pretty pastel homade sprays from old colorbox inkers, and spayed blue and pink on top of the Gelatos and while wet I used bubble wrap to make some texture, texture to the stencil was Decoart Gesso and Magical powder from Lindy's Spray kit,(shown at end of blog), The Second step was trying to do a splatter design that I learned on Limor Webber, Video, and it was to be done with the dobber but all I got was a big massive blob, so I had to think fast and I got out the stamps and embossing powder and covered the mistake up and added more sprays and white splatters with a brush and it turned into a nice shinny shimmery Mixed Media piece. Here is the finished piece the photo is not the best due to my phone camera .
Finished piece.

52 Word Card 
JOURNEY
My card was done on an index card, using Tim Holtz Paper, 
A memory of my first Train trip in the l950's from St. Louis Mo to Nebraska to visit our grandparents.
It is made to shiny like a photograph.



PRODUCTS USED IN MIXED MEDIA .

1 comment:

  1. I have been there before, but you recovered very well and I love that background!

    ReplyDelete