Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog: My Word of 2014.

This is my second year at doing my mixed media and art journals and I belong to 2 groups and we are asked to choose a word that means something to us and what we want to portray in the year 2014 in our art work and our I choose my word this year to be a word for my art work and my daily and spiritual life in the next year. My first journal page with my word will be entered in my Mixed Media Monday night group and the second group will be artMusement group and we do a lot of different type of challenges in this group we are doing a 52 word card project. We are now working on week one and the word was ""BOX''  my card will be posted tomorrow.

This is my word challenge and will be my January Challenge for Mixed Media Mondays with Tracy Weinzapfel Studios.
 
My word is Commitment, means to make a promise to do what I set out to do and complete the mission in my art or daily and spiritual life. I have done this by finishing and entering the January Challenge.
 
 
This is the finish Project and the tutorial is below.


This is the first steps in preparing the project My journal page was Gesso, and I added acrylic paints and a pearl medium from Decoart , and a hand cut stencil I made and a Key stencil from my collection of years ago.  Next step 2.

I added the verse on the key. and had painted the flowers and did a outline with a fine Pitt pen in black.    Step 3:

A close up of the verse.
This is the Step 4 and final step.  I added a key on the top and uses Dangles with my word attached to the end of each one. Then I  repainted and add the final touch up and a darker lines on the flowers and a boarder and stamped butterflies to finish my piece.

Products I used were from Decoart:
This was a great beginning to my new year and thank you Decoart for all the great products.
Sharon Estes








7 comments:

  1. This is awesome Sharon!! I love the idea of spelling out your word from the dangles!!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blogsite. I am trying to figure out how to get mine organized. Also enjoy your step by step photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit. It take a lot of playing and I had a friend help me with putting my together. That helps.

      Delete