Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Blog: Journal52 and artMUSEment Groups.

Welcome Wednesday (humpday), whats on my work table today is some catch up work from the last few days. I have joined a new Journal52  group and we are to make a journal page a week and we are given a word and we make the page it sounds like it will wake up the inter artist in you. I also belong to a group called artMUSEment group for a long time. I am going to post my Journal52 page first and instructions on how I did this page.

Soar
This is done on watercolor paper and I cut a page from a book the title of the page is "The Wings of Prayer" It was a quote taken from the Bible. which is my favorite verse and song.  I did a homemade yellow spay from Ritz dye and sprayed and wet the paper  very well and let it dry completely and then I decoupaged the page on the side of the paper and did some shading with a brown color around the page to give it an aged look.
I used the Stamps from I purchased from Frosted Designs the Steampunk Bird and the Music notes Stamps.
With watercolor crayons and pencils I colored the birds and used a black Creative Memories pen to outline the the painted birds, and a Sharpie was used to add the journaling. 


Now the 52 Word Card  Journal 
This group project is taking cards, such as playing cards, index cards, or any card of your choice. You can Gesso them and paint on them, do a paper collage, the technique is endless we just have to use the word and interpreter it in our art style.
I have finished 2 cards week one word was "BOX". Week 2," POSTAGE"

BOX

 Jack in the Box
I am using large Index cards with scrapbook page glued to the card to make it stronger and I stamped a word stamp on the backgroung and I hand drew the Jack in the Box and then I used all the products pictured to finish the card.

POSTAGE

PARIS POSTAGE
The paper I used was from Frosted Designs and the 6x6 book was called Delight, I love this packet very soft and Victorian. I do not do much Victorian pieces but love it.  I used some old stamps with a Paris wording and a Paris Postage Stamp and did some Distressed ink around the edges. These cards are to fast and simple and not take a long time to make. The are really fun.

This is what was on desk this past two weeks and I have many more projects setting there waiting for my return tomorrow. 

Have a great Hump Day 
Sharon Estes (Shadee66) the Lady Artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment