Sunday, November 10, 2013

Blog: Monday Challenge Clouds

Hello from Grannys Korner Studio, Sharons favorite place today.  It is Sunday and normally I am not in the studio working but the week was busy and I didnt get much studio time, only oneday.
I am haveing problems with my Laptop and Windows 8, and it is in the shop so I am back on the trusty old desktop computer and my favorite Windows 7, so here I go with my challenge from a group I belong to, we were challenged with a word CLOUD,  we had to come up with a creative design well my is about to be posted.  

 I love to play with my Gelli Plate and make backgrounds for my journals and challenges. you can make a lot of different ones and then you can keep adding anything you want to them as you do your mixed media design. I keep it simple.this was the second pull and I used three colors from Americana DecoArt from ther oringianl line of acrylic paints, sky blue, french vanilla, soft white.   I then added my design using stamps and a stencil. The stamp was a precious moments of 2 angels on a cloud I stamped the cloud and just parts of the figures. I filled in the clouds with Decoart Molding Paste to give it Textue, to do this I use a very small palette knife and added the paste lke I was frosting a cake, the thicker you put it on the longer it takes to dry it should set overnight to be completly dry if you plan on paint on top of it. I also used the mollding paste on the stencil, and to apply the paste to the stencil use your platette knife and rub gently over the area of the stencil you want filled and scrape off the remaining excess.  Make sure to  was the stencil shortly after you use it as the paste dries on it and become hard to remove.  just a little tip.
The angels and bird were outlined in a sepia pitt pen and colored in with my prisma colored pencils. I used a sepia  pitt pen on the tree branch and a Creative Memories scrapbooking pen in green for the pine needles.
 The quote was taken from the internet. If you know the author please leave the name in my comments.

CLOUDS COME FLOATING INTO MY LIFE. NO LONGER TO CARRY RAIN OR USHER STORMS BUT ADD COLOR TO MY SUNSET SKY....



No comments:

Post a Comment