Sunday, October 20, 2013

Blog Halloween Welcome Banner

 
 
Halloween Welcome Banner Blog
 
I have had a lot of problems getting this DecoArt Project posted due to my laptop went bonkers and the desktop is just to old and slow to try to do anything  any more except store pictures and write letters.  
 
This was a fun project to do I really like making banners, I have made them for years in scouts, vacation bible school, and communion banners, banners for the balloon lift of in our small town and for advertisement when I had my store. I have used all different types of material and paints. 
 
 
I used the new American Neon's on my Gelli pad and the colors used were  :  Torrid Orange, Thermal Green and Scorching Yellow. I really like the brightness and the texture of this new paint I have used other neon paints and not gotten the same brightness and softness as with these colors. They get a high 5 from this helping artist.  

 The top two photos are the print I pulled from the Gelli Plate I used a Cover a Card Stamp called Halloween. It gave a great impression I did it at different angles and I use a heavy poster board for the banner it was a larger than my small gelli plate and you will see the end results below the pictures of the completed banner and a close up of the stamps I used and the distressing with the Tim Holtz distressed Inks.  I also painted the wooden banner and small wooden pumpkin in American paint the black is the new Multi surface Satin Black I liked the coverage but I found out you do not use as much water with this new paint as I do with the original Americana paints. I works great if you want to use it for a stain effect with added water. The small pumpkin was painted with the neon Torrid Orange and a good two coat coverage and a smooth finish when dry and a neon look. Love Love it.

 



This project will be posted on my Facebook page and Also in my window for Halloween.
Sharon Estes, The artist Lady at Granny's Korner Studio, Sharon's Favorite place.

No comments:

Post a Comment