Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Blog What,s on my studio table today?

 

What's on my studio work table today ?

 

To day is Wednesday also know as hump Day, well I moved over a big hump today.  I held my class and a lot was accomplished my student Kaitlyn Emory, she finished her canvas she drew a large tree that was really full of swirls and curls and we cut it out to add to our canvas, This was the most tedious job I have done in a long time. These fingers were not made for that small detailed cutting.
We then did a background of mixed colors using DecoArt acrylics and Tim Holtz Distressed Inks, and many items for our background texture this was the end of my project. It is still a work in progress and will be finished at a later date as many of my projects are always a work in progress.
 
I have two groups that I belong to and our challenges are do this week and next week. I finished the stencil challenge and I am posting it today. 
 
I am posting my Stencil Challenge for my artMusement group: it is a simple but useful item from a found object from my kitchen.  It is called   ""Your Butt Can"".  I used a coffee can and primed it with a Krylon primer and then sprayed with a enamel spray paint and I stenciled Butterfly, dragonfly, hummingbird. with DecoArt arylic paints and spayed it with Americana spray sealer then filled it with white sand  so it can stay on the table on the deck.  It is used to dispose of you cigarette butts before coming into my house, yes I still have a smoker in the family and he spends time on the deck, using his can
 

 
Happy Painting and creating..
Sharon D. Estes
at my favorite place.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment