Monday, October 21, 2013

Blog Who said Dreams don't come true?

Who said Dreams don't come true.
 
 
Today was a day my dream of a long time has come true. I have made some major changes in my life the past few months. I decided to move out of my "BOX" and decide just what is my style in my art I took an e-course offered by Kelly Hoernig and it was called Finding Your Style in Art.  I was always a instructor and shop owner and I never really thought about a style of my own. I did what the other artist did and what was popular at the moment. I have tried a lot of art mediums and I have always loved the products of Deco Art  and I needed to find something to do with all the product that I had left from my shop.  Well thanks to this course I have finally found my Style.
I have also have to thank a very good friend Von Reeder as she encouraged me in what ever I decided to create. 
I also joined a group with Tracy Weinzapfel Burgos and watched her videos and she also gave me the courage to just jump in and fly by the seat of my pants, as my mother says and I want to say thank you Tracy.
 
I love to talk, teach, and make a mess and not be structured to one thing I am a Gemini and this explains a lot  about my decision I made last week.  I have been playing with mixed media and love my stamps. stencils and Gelli plate, and canvas, and journals and all the other products I have on my studio shelves. 
I started blogging about what I was doing and really enjoyed it and was encouraged by many Face book artist friends signed up to be a Deco Art Blogger and was accepted, so I will be now  talking about a product that I love and have used for years and will be excited to use the new products they have and use them in my art work now.  I hope all my friends in the art world and my real world will  follow along with me and learn something new or just enjoy what I love doing daily.
 
I am mentoring a great girl for the past 10 yrs. and she has turned out to be a great artist and a great friend so I hope we will be working together to keep this creativity going and going for a long time.
 
 
 

1 comment: